Static headspace is one of the most popular techniques due to its versatility for analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in a complex variety of matrices. This is due to the elimination of tedious
sample preparation steps and prevents contamination problems that are common to other sample introduction techniques. Teledyne Tekmar draws on our experience as a leader in low-level VOC analysis with the introduction of this companion autosampler to the Headspace product line.
Versa is the perfect solution for applications which require all the advantages of headspace analysis and is economical to fit any budget.
Applications and Industries
The Versa can quickly and accurately identify residual solvents in bulk or finished pharmaceuticals as prescribed in the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and meets all of the guidelines per USP Method <467>.
Other applications include:
- Dissolved Gas Analysis per Method RSK-175
- Contaminants in packaging materials
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in drinking water, wastewater, and soils
- Screening of high level samples with EPA Method 5021
- China Environmental Method GB-5749
- Flavor and Fragrance profiling
- Forensics and Toxicology
Features and Benefits
This static flow diagram shows the system in a standby mode in which the
loop and needle are continuously swept with an inert gas to ensure cleanliness
- Small on size yet big on value (only 12” wide)
- 20-position autosampler/single position platen oven for static sampling analysis of 22mL vials
- Sample heating to 200oC throughout pathway
- Built-in pressure control to ensure consistent volume for all samples regardless of external conditions
- Inert sample pathway including transfer line, sample needle, and loop provide superior analytical results by eliminating adsorption and reducing carryover
- Automatic Leak Check and Benchmark test for quick troubleshooting
- Simple method development using Method Optimization Mode (M.O.M.)
- Versa TekLink™ 2G software for use as standard or full 21 CFR compliance