Ultra Compact HF/VHF/UHF Multimode Rig
Despite its incredibly small size (5.3" x 1.5" x 6.5"), the FT-817 delivers big performance! Its next-generagion PA puts out five watts on all HF bands, plus the 50 MHz, 144 MHz, and 430 MHz bands, on all popular operating modes: USB/LSB/CW/AM/FM/Packet/PSK-31/RTTY.
Wide Receiver Frequency Coverage
Enjoy shortwave and FM broadcasts, , public safety communications, and airband calls thanks to the extended frequency coverage of the FT-817, which includes receptino on 100 kHz - 56 MHz, 76 - 108 MHz (W-FM only), 108 - 154 MHz, and 420 - 470 MHz.
Two Antenna Connectors for Ease of Installation
The front panel includes a convenient BNC connector for attachment of a whip or VHF/UHF rubber flex antenna (supplied). The rear panel includes a type “M” (“SO-239”) connector.
As shipped from the factory, the BNC jack is active on 50/144/430 MHz, while the “M” connector is active on HF. But using the Menu, you can assign, for example, 50 and 144 MHz to the rear panel, if your coaxial cables have matching plugs.
Receiver Enahncement Features
• IF Shift – For reduction of adjacent-frequency interference.
• IF Noise Blanker – For reduction of ignition and other impulse-type
• IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) – Bypasses RX Preamp on HF/50
MHz for improved performance during strong-signal conditions.
• ATT (Front End Attenuator) – For more pleasant reception of very
Outstanding CW Features
• CW “Semi Break-in,” with T?R recovery delay programmable from 10
ms ~ 2500 ms. At 10 ms setting, performance emulates QSK
• CW Reverse: provides BFO injection from LSB-side, instead of default
• CW Pitch Control: adjusts TX offset and (identical) sidetone between
300 Hz and 1000 Hz in 50 Hz steps; this allows precise spotting on DX
stations. Sidetone level is adjustable.
• Built-in Electronic Keyer, with speed adjustable between 4 WPM and
60 WPM, and Weight (Dot:Dash Ratio) adjustable between 1:2.5 and
• For emergency use, the Menu allows you to set up the Microphone’s
[UP] and [DWN] keys for generation of “Dots” and “Dashes” on CW!